Title: Executive Director
Reports to: KHC Board of Directors
Job Classification: Exempt, full-time
Supervises: KHC Team
Work schedule: As negotiated per the offer
Accepting applications through October 22, 2021
- Leads and promotes the mission, vision, values and goals of KHC.
- Manages and is responsible for all staff operations and KHC administration, with full authority to hire, retain, terminate, and direct the activities of staff members.
- Manages the general administrative activities.
- Plans and coordinates all policy and administrative activities of KHC.
- Directs the preparation and implementation of annual budgets.
- Signs checks and disperses funds, executes contracts, agreements, and commitments for and on behalf of KHC.
- Attends and participates in KHC committee activities.
- Directs the preparation and dissemination of all KHC mailings including newsletters, bulletins, and journals.
- Directs the public activities of KHC.
- Manages and is responsible for the KHC annual educational Summit on Quality.
- Manages the planning for Board of Directors meeting planning, preparation, and facilitation.
- Acts as the company’s principal liaison to members, consultants, government agencies, professional associations and societies, the insurance industry, and the community at large.
- Promotes and maintains a close working relationship between KHC and the Kansas Medical Society and Kansas Hospital Association.
- Directs and is responsible for every level of KHC activity as specified in the by-laws.
- Other duties as necessary.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Bachelor’s degree at an accredited University, preferably in a health care-related field.
- Five to seven (5-7) years of experience and/or a background in health care is preferred.
- Experience in risk management and/or quality improvement activities, preferred.
- Strong writing, communication, organizational, and computer skills are required.
- Ability to manage the administrative, fiscal, and policy affairs of a statewide organization.
- Must be able to coordinate and deliver legislative testimony and have excellent public speaking skills.
- Ability to prepare and present clear and concise written and oral reports; ability to understand and carry out complex oral and written directions; and ability to demonstrate initiative, sound judgment, and tact.
- Ability to deal effectively with the public and to secure the cooperation of others; ability to plan and supervise the work of others; ability to deal with personnel from varying educational backgrounds.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work effectively and efficiently to accomplish tasks while managing multiple projects at the same time and delivering friendly service.
- Presents self with professionalism while representing KHC at events (local, state, and national events).
- Valid driver’s license for travel is required.
- Must have the ability to respect diversity and individual needs.
- Lift and move items up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work on the computer for hours at a time and concentrate on detailed information.
- Bend, kneel, and reach items by use of hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Must be able to speak and listen effectively.
- Vision abilities for close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Professional office setting with little discomfort due to such factors as noise, heat, dust, or other adverse factors.
- This is a non-smoking work environment, including all premises and other such areas.
- Travel is minimal and entails standard travel risks.
This job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the team member holding this position. Staff is required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related responsibilities as requested.