The Kansas Healthcare Collaborative, in partnership with the Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE), is seeking clinics interested in embedding teams of Community Health Workers (CHWs) at clinics in any county in Kansas.
Recent research shows employing CHWs can:
- Improve health outcomes,
- Increase patient satisfaction,
- Reduce costs, and
- Reduce health disparities.
CHW teams will work to provide greater access to COVID-19 prevention and response, while addressing chronic diseases and social determinants of health that exacerbate COVID 19.
The ideal clinic will have an innovative spirit. Having a National Diabetes Prevention Program in place is preferrable but not necessary.
- 2 years of funding for up to (5) fulltime staff positions dedicated 100% to the team
- One Program Director, Health Navigator, Home Health Nurse
- Two Community Health Workers
- KDHE will consider teams of fewer than five team members for communities who may not be able to support a five-person team
- Funding to cover necessary supplies, training, and travel for staff
- Technical support from KHC and KDHE staff to establish clinic workflow, data collection, and supplemental training
- Training to support CHWs, delivery of National Diabetes Prevention and Healthy Heart Ambassador, Self-Monitored Blood Pressure Program that may be scheduled as soon as CHW teams are hired
- Sustainability planning and support
- Integration of the CHW team into the clinic workflow
- Participation in COVID-19 prevention and response events in the community
- Implementation of National Diabetes Prevention Program and Healthy Heart Ambassador, Self-Monitored Blood Pressure Program
- Space for team to meet with patients and conduct classes
- Completion of necessary data reporting and success stories collection, including requested demographic information on program participants
- Regular meetings with KHC and KDHE staff for ongoing technical assistance and quality improvement
- Clinics will be expected to begin setting up CHW team upon formal acceptance of this offer