Kansas Healthcare Collaborative, in partnership with the Kansas Department of Health and Environment, is pleased to announce the grant-awardees of the Blood Pressure Reduction Challenge!
- Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas
- Family Physicians of Kansas
- FreeState Healthcare
- Kearny County’s Family Health Center.
- McPherson Medical and Surgical Associates
- Rush County Medical Clinic
- Sunflower OBGYN
In March, practices across the state were invited to apply for funds to support a practice-led, evidence-based intervention designed to reduce blood pressure in their patient population. Clinics were awarded funding based on level of physician engagement and leadership with the project and their capacity to implement one of the following, evidence-based interventions:
- Nurse-Driven Care Protocol for Patients with Hypertension
- Collaborative Practice Agreement with a Pharmacist
- Promoting Self-Management and Education with Community Partnerships
- Patient-Centric Goal Setting with a Patient Navigator or CHW
Congratulations to these seven practices! Stay tuned for opportunities to hear more about these projects at upcoming events including the PTN Learning Event scheduled for September 12th at the Rolling Hills Zoo in Salina.
(Posted May 08, 2018)