KHC Hospital Improvement Innovation Network
New Quality Leader Workshop
March 6-7, 2019
Garden City Community College Campus
Beth Tedrow Student Center - Endowment Room
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS
This two-day workshop will advance knowledge for new roles in quality, patient safety and change leadership.
Upon conclusion, participants will be able to:
- Identify at least three key resources to support development as a quality improvement leader.
- Propose a personal action plan to develop resiliency and sustainability.
- Apply the Model for Improvement in one priority harm reduction topic at their organization.
- Explore change management concepts and apply at least three to current work.
- Describe three changes in the way data is currently collected, displayed or communicated to increase your effectiveness
- Self-management and Development
- The Model for Improvement
- Teaming as a Verb, the Art of Engagement
- Measures and Methods
- Using Data Effectively
- Putting It All Together
Jackie Conrad, BSN, MBA, improvement advisor and leadership coach, Cynosure Health, Inc.
Additional presenters include:
- Michele Clark, MBA, CPHQ, CPPS, ABC
Program Director, Kansas Healthcare Collaborative
- Eric Cook-Wiens, MPH, CPHQ
Data and Measurement Director, Kansas Healthcare Collaborative
- Nadyne Hagmeier, RN
Quality Improvement Consultant, Kansas Foundation for Medical Care
- Susan Runyan, MHCL
Chief Executive Officer, Runyan Health Care Quality Consulting and KHERF Consultant
If your hospital is a participant in the KHC HIIN and is located more than 50 miles from the meeting site, travel expense reimbursement may be available through the Kansas Healthcare Collaborative. This reimbursement could cover one hotel night at the designated hotel at the discounted rate, as well as roundtrip mileage at the federal rate, up to $100. KHC will provide an expense reimbursement form to eligible participants. No food or incidental expenses will be covered.
A block of rooms is being held at the Clarion Hotel in Garden City for Wednesday night, March 6, 2019. To make your reservation, call (620) 275-7471 and ask for the Kansas Healthcare Collaborative room block. The discounted rate of $92 plus tax is available through Friday, March 1, 2019. Breakfast is included.
Lunches and refreshments are on your own. A cafeteria is available in the building.