Thursday, November 16, 2017
TWO SESSIONS OFFERED
12:00 to 1:00 p.m. or 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Presentation handout (pdf)
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) and the Kansas Healthcare Collaborative (KHC) invite you to join us to learn more about antibiotic stewardship, resources available, and how we can work together to address this critical public health issue. This live event is offered at two different times on Nov. 16.
- Know what Antibiotic Stewardship is for all transitions of care.
- Identify new rapid diagnostic testing available to help with antibiotic stewardship.
- Be able to discuss how to educate other health care providers and patients on antibiotic stewardship principles.
- Identify resources that will help your practice or facility build a successful Antimicrobial Stewardship Program.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Kansas physicians, mid-level providers, nurses, pharmacists, clinic managers, hospital administrators, long-term care providers and other interested health care professionals.
- Jo-Ann Harris, MD, Pediatric Infectious Disease Consultant, Midwest Women's and Children's Speciality Clinic, Overland Park Regional Medical Center
- Katie Burenheide Foster, PharmD, MS, BCPS, FCCM, Pharmacy Clinical Manager & PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Director, Stormont-Vail Health System, Topeka
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Accreditation Requirements and Policies of the Kansas Medical Society through the joint providership of Stormont Vail Medical Education Services and the Kansas Healthcare Collaborative.
Stormont Vail Medical Education Services is accredited by the Kansas Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Stormont Vail Medical Education Services designates this live activity for a maximum of one (1.0) AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Stormont Vail Health is approved as a provider of continuing nursing education by the Kansas State Board of Nursing. This course offering is approved for 1.2 contact hours and is applicable for APRN, RN and LPN re-licensure; 1.2 of which may be applied towards Pharmacology. Kansas State Board of Nursing Approved Provider Number is LT0072-0538.