Tuesday, November 14, 2017
Registration: 8:00 to 8:30 a.m.
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Location: The Courtyard Marriott, 3020 Riffel Dr., Salina, KS
To see the agenda, click here.
Registration is now full.
The HRET HIIN Roadshow will bring a day-long workshop with national faculty to central Kansas!
This workshop, conducted by the Health Research & Educational Trust, is customized to meet the needs of hospitals participating in the KHC Hospital Improvement Innovation Network (HIIN). It will be highly interactive and focused on experiential learning.
Attendees will have ample opportunity for developing skills that can be applied to on-going improvement projects, with the goal of reducing all-cause in-patient harm.
In addition to the peer-to-peer networking, here are Roadshow highlights:
- Examine the key drivers of readmissions
- Question the gaps in current readmissions reduction portfolio
- Prioritize the approaches that best align with the needs of returning patients
- Build skills necessary to reduce readmissions
- Describe at least one new idea to test
Equity of Care
- Appraise how to reduce health care disparities
- Evaluate the drivers of disparities across various demographics and how hospitals can address disparities, including through partnering across the continuum of care and in the community
- Assess the drivers of health equities that may impact HCAPS scores
- Distinguish how to recognize and address unconscious bias in health care
Hotel and Travel
All complimentary hotel rooms offered by HRET at the Courtyard Marriott Salina have now been taken. The deadline for making a hotel reservation was Oct. 28. Roundtrip mileage may be reimbursed at the federal rate for one vehicle per KHC HIIN hospital located 50 miles or more from the meeting location.
This event is offered at no charge to Kansas hospitals participating in the KHC HIIN. Lunch and refreshments are on your own.
For more information, contact Michele Clark at KHC, 785-235-0763 ext.1321.