KHC HIIN Falls Prevention Sprint
December 13, 2018
10:00 to 11:00 a.m., CT
- Presentation handout (pdf)
"Get Up" with Patient and Family Engagement
Facilitated by Jackie Conrad with Betsy Lee, Cynosure Health
- Hospitals will share AIM statements
- Discuss validating patient/family understanding
Sprint assignments to be completed prior to webinar
- If not done already, complete 5 chart audits with Falls Process Improvement Discovery Tool. Email to KHC.
- Conduct up to five bedside observations.
- Write a SMART aim statement.
- Identify a test of change.
About this Sprint:
Kansas hospitals that are ready to discover opportunities and test methods to help prevent falls with injury are meeting monthly during the Kansas Healthcare Collaborative’s HIIN Falls Prevention Sprint. This six-month sprint, conducted with Jackie Conrad, BSN, MBA, improvement advisor, Cynosure Health, will conclude March 21, 2019.
Objectives for this six-month sprint are to assist participating hospitals in:
- Identifying opportunities for PDSA improvement cycles through use of the HRET HIIN Falls Process Discovery Tool.
- Applying targeted strategies for involving patients and families in fall prevention, such as validating patient/family understanding and adopting or improving the post-fall huddle process.
- Engaging in the HRET HIIN Up Campaign by designing "Get Up" strategies for engaging front line staff in preventing injuries from falls and immobility.