This is a four-part training series designed for use by hospitals as part of a comprehensive training and orientation for patient and family advisors.
Objectives for this video series:
- Describe how patient and family advisors (PFAs) contribute to an improved experience for patients, families, community members and health care professionals.
- Discuss the contribution that PFAs can make to hospital quality improvement initiatives.
- Compare hospital-community member engagement models and PFA roles in each model.
- Identify key principles of effective communication to support a collaborative work environment.
- Describe best practices for sharing a patient or caregiver story with an audience.
Part 1 – PFAs and the Changing Culture of Health Care
Part 2 – Partnering Across the Organization
Part 3 – Communicating Effectively as a PFA
Part 4 – Effectively Sharing Your Story
These videos were produced in partnership with Tandem Healthcare Solutions. Copyright 2020 Kansas Healthcare Collaborative.