10:00 - 11:00 a.m. CST
- Presentation handout (pdf)
- Shared handout - Goals of Care, Medically Frail, Holton Community Hospital (pdf)
- Shared handout - Goals of Care, Non-Medically Frail, Holton Community Hospital (pdf)
- Shared handout - Foundation for Healthy Communities (pdf)
KHC virtual meetings provide an opportunity to connect with the KHC team and your peers in leading health care quality, as well as to stay in the know about resources and opportunities in quality and patient safety.
This month's featured topic:
“Don’t forget your PFAC: Strategies for engaging patient and family advisors during times of pandemic”
Tanya Lord, PhD, MPH, director of patient and family engagement for the Foundation for Healthy Communities, will share strategies for engaging patient and family advisors as Kansas health care organizations navigate new ground during times of pandemic, including communications, policies, and implementation of such new technologies as telehealth.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe the role of patient and family advisors (PFAs) and committees (PFACs) as partners to health care facilities, and how a facility’s advisors can be ever important during COVID-19.
- Identify strategies for convening and engaging PFAs amidst a time of social distancing and concerns for safety, including opportunities and challenges for utilizing virtual technology and other innovations.
- Explore ways that PFAs and PFACs can partner with health care leaders as they navigate changes in policies, delivery of health care, while ensuring clear communications.
Please join us!
To view previous events, visit our KHC Education Archive.