KHC HIIN Falls Prevention Sprint
March 21, 2019
10:00 to 11:00 a.m., CT
Facilitated by Jackie Conrad with Betsy Lee, Cynosure Health
- Hospitals will share summaries of experience and learnings
- Next steps for hospitals
Sprint assignments to be completed prior to webinar
- Conduct PDSA #3
- Prepare a brief summary of your sprint experience and learnings
About this Sprint:
Kansas hospitals that are ready to discover opportunities and test methods to help prevent falls with injury are meeting monthly during the Kansas Healthcare Collaborative’s HIIN Falls Prevention Sprint. This six-month sprint, conducted with Jackie Conrad, BSN, MBA, improvement advisor, Cynosure Health, will conclude March 21, 2019.
Objectives for this six-month sprint are to assist participating hospitals in:
- Identifying opportunities for PDSA improvement cycles through use of the HRET HIIN Falls Process Discovery Tool.
- Applying targeted strategies for involving patients and families in fall prevention, such as validating patient/family understanding and adopting or improving the post-fall huddle process.
- Engaging in the HRET HIIN Up Campaign by designing "Get Up" strategies for engaging front line staff in preventing injuries from falls and immobility.