Align All Health is a targeted intervention for hospitals and community mental health centers to improve health outcomes and care transitions for high-risk and behavioral health patients.
Grant is available through June 2022.
→ Enroll with this fillable form (PDF download)
With successful participation in the Align All Health grant opportunity, Kansas hospitals and community mental health centers (CMHCs) may each earn a $1,000 stipend from KHC. Stipends are limited to the first 66 facilities to enroll and complete the process. Other facilities affiliated with participating hospitals and that have access to the Kansas Health Information Network (KHIN) dashboard technology may also participate, eg, physician office and long-term care.
- Learn ways to optimize use of your facility’s KHIN dashboard and alerting technology.
- Test and implement data-driven strategies for identifying your organization’s high-risk patients with behavioral health needs.
- Review and strengthen workflows with health care partners.
- Support your organization’s 2022 goals for improving care transitions, reducing readmissions, improving interoperability, and advancing community partnerships for behavioral health.
Participating facilities will:
- Meet with advisor for orientation and support. Complete a brief pre- and post-assessment of current practices.
- Receive virtual training for how to use the KHIN dashboard and acute alerts for high-risk patients.
- Using your KHIN high-risk dashboard, identify attributable behavioral health patients to monitor care transitions.
- Test a workflow change idea that incorporates use of KHIN technology and improved care transitions. (Collaboration between hospitals and CMHCs is encouraged.)
- Track follow-up to alerts and/or care transitions for identified high-risk patients through June 2022.
Most measures during this test of change will be tracked by KHIN coordinators within the KHIN dashboard system. Below is a sample of the tracking that will occur as a part of this pilot initiative: