Kansas Practice Transformation Network
Final MACRA Ruling announced by HHS
On October 14, 2016, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) issued its final rule implementing the Quality Payment Program that is part of the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA). The Quality Payment Program improves Medicare by helping providers focus on care quality and the one thing that matters most — making patients healthier. By simply participating in the Practice Transformation Network, operating under the Transforming Clinical Practices Initiative (TCPI), clinicians earn high activity points towards their Improvement Activities Score of their total 2017 MIPS Performance score. For more information, visit http://qpp.cms.gov.
Background on PTN in Kansas
On September 29, 2015 the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) announced the award of a Transforming Clinical Practices Initiative (TCPI) grant to the Iowa Healthcare Collaborative (IHC). This is great news for Kansas clinicians!
- CMS announcement
- Iowa Healthcare Collaborative news release
- Kansas Healthcare Collaborative news release
The IHC and its partners, operating as the Compass Practice Transformation Network (PTN), will receive up to $32.5 million during the four-year initiative to help equip up to 7,000 clinicians in six states – Iowa, Kansas, Georgia, Nebraska, Oklahoma and South Dakota -- with tools, information, and network support needed to improve quality of care, increase patients’ access to information, and spend health care dollars more wisely.
The PTN will provide direct quality improvement support in primary and specialty clinic practice settings to prepare practices for the transformation from fee for service-based payment to one that is performance-based.
MACRA: Overview & Resources, March 21, 2017
KMS hosts a webinar with an overview and resources available to Kansas physicians, to ensure a successful transition to MACRA. Patricia Meier, MD, CMS Chief Medical Officer presents an overview of MACRA. KHC PTN Director Rosanne Rutkowski, MPH, BSN, RN presents the resources availabe at no charge.
- Instruction sheet for Healthcare Communities (pdf)
- Providers guide to community resources (pdf)
- Kansas PTN Flyer (pdf)
- Kansas PTN Charter (fillable pdf)
- PTN Core Measure Sheet (March 2017)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- TCPI Fact Sheet (CMS)
- TCPI FAQ (CMS)
- American Medical Association (AMA) Medicare Physician Payment Reform materials
- White paper entitled: "Medicare Value-based Payment Reform: Priorities for Transforming Rural Health Systems”
KDHE community resources
- Chronic Disease Self-Management Program
- Diabetes Prevention Program
- Diabetes Self-Management Program
- Early Detection Works Program
- Enhance Fitness Program
- Kansas Tobacco Quitline
- Stepping-on Program
- Walk with Ease Program
Tips for Configuring the Quality Section of Your Electronic Health Record
Kansas TCPI Webinar, February 18, 2016
Kansas TCPI Webinar, October 19, 2015
Kansas TCPI Webinar, September 2, 2015
Kansas HEN Webinar, April 22, 2015